BITS & BYTES
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE PS 196 COMPUTER LAB!
I hope our students and teachers will find some interesting new sites and tools here to make learning and creating content easier and more engaging.
PARENTS AND FRIENDS: PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. OUR KIDS LOVE TO KNOW OTHERS ARE READING AND ENJOYING THEIR WORK.
Please look at the categories, located to the right of this post and just below the Voki cartoon. I will be organizing posts in categories to make it easier for you to find the good stuff faster. This blog is a new and growing online environment, so check back often and please add your voice by commenting and contributing! To add a comment to a post, click on the title of the post and then scroll down the page. Also, please check out the student work on our companion Google Site! https://sites.google.com/ps196q.com/ps196q-digital-archive/home
IMPORTANT RULES ABOUT COMMENTS BY STUDENTS!
- Never use your full name. First names (and last initial if needed) only. You can include your class number so I will know who you are.
- Never put any personal identifying information like phone numbers, addresses, etc. online.
- Keep your comments positive and the language appropriate. Your parents, teachers, assistant principal and principal will be able to read what you write. Make them proud of you!
- I will try to respond to comments in a timely manner — I’m aiming for twice a week at the minimum (but since I am such a geeky person, I will probably get back to you faster!)
- You can add comments to other peoples’ comments — again, keep your tone and language positive and helpful.
- All comments are moderated. That means no one gets published until the comment is approved by the administrators of the blog. If your comment doesn’t show up and you wonder why, feel free to ask me about it.
If we follow the rules, blogging will be a great way for us to communicate and collaborate safely in a great learning community online!
I’m looking forward to another great year at P.S. 196!